As we celebrate our 20th year, we want the Pearson Teaching Awards to be bigger and better than ever! Why not give YOUR school and your amazing colleagues a chance to receive national recognition in such a special year?
Download our free posters and put them up around your school and download our free website banners for your own website to encourage participation in your school community
The nominate a colleague poster is aimed at both staff in schools and colleges, and all external agencies working closely with them. Many of these people observe outstanding practice in schools everyday. The posters can be displayed in staff rooms and be sent to external agencies you work with.
The thank a teacher poster can be placed around the public areas of your school / college where parents can see it on a daily basis. In addition it can be uploaded to school websites, intranets and emailed out in parent communications.
You can use our videos (at the foot of this page) to bring your messages to life.
Tweet and show your support #britainsclassroomheroes @teachingawards #thankateacher
Download the Thank a Teacher poster here.
More images you can use are below: click on each one for full-size image.
Web banners (Click on the thumbnail to view full image)
Thank a Teacher web banner
Nominate a colleague banner
‘What is a Teacher?’ Poem by Joanna Miller
This poem was included in “Britain’s Classroom Heroes”, BBC2’s broadcast of this year’s Pearson Teaching Awards, and was beautifully read by pupils from the Gold Plato winners’ schools.
Thank a Teacher Today – video
The messages in this video are all taken from real-life messages from children. “You think you’re just doing you’re job but you’re not, you’re changing peoples’ lives.” “To the world you’re a teacher, but to me you’re a hero.”
- All Thank Yous received before Friday 9th March are eligibile to be endorsed as entries for the 2018 awards. Thank you messages received after this date can be entered in next year’s awards.
- The entry deadline for the 2018 awards is Friday 16th March.
- The judging period is between April and May.
- Silver Winners are announced on Thank a Teacher Day on Friday 15th June.
- Silver winners are celebrated at an event on the Terrace at the House of Commons in early July.
- The UK Ceremony is televised in October.