CHAIR OF THE UK PANEL OF JUDGES
Rod Bristow, CEO of Pearson UK
“The Pearson Teaching Awards gives us a unique opportunity to champion exceptional teaching professionals across the UK.”
“The judges work on a voluntary basis and judging is an independent and peer-led process. The majority of the panel members are practising teachers and many are Teaching Award winners. The panel also include representation from organisations across the educational spectrum. We are grateful to these dedicated professionals who give their time to ensure a smooth and credible process for those involved and to help celebrate the amazing people who work in our schools.”
Sara Broadbent MBE
David Butler OBE
Liz Quinn MBE
Sir Alan Steer
Ava Sturridge-Packer CBE
- All Thank Yous received before Friday 9th March are eligibile to be endorsed as entries for the 2018 awards. Thank you messages received after this date can be entered in next year’s awards.
- The entry deadline for the 2018 awards is Friday 16th March.
- The judging period is between April and May.
- Silver Winners are announced on Thank a Teacher Day on Friday 15th June.
- Silver winners are celebrated at an event on the Terrace at the House of Commons in early July.
- The UK Ceremony is televised in October.