PLEASE NOTE THE DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES FOR THE 2017 AWARDS HAS NOW CLOSED. THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO ENTERED.
The Teaching Awards recognise and celebrate the outstanding work of exceptional teachers (including headteachers) across the UK. Winners are selected by our panel of judges for Silver Teaching Awards, which are announced on ‘Thank a Teacher’ day each year. All Silver Award winners are then considered for a Gold Award which will be announced at a star-studded Pearson Teaching Awards UK Ceremony which is held in London in October and filmed and broadcast on BBC2.
Click here to read our ENTRY GUIDE
- The Award for Teacher of the Year in a Primary School
- The Award for Headteacher of the Year in A Primary School
- The Award for Teacher of the Year in a Secondary School
- The Award for Headteacher of the Year in a Secondary School
- The Award for Outstanding New Teacher of the Year
- The Award for Teaching Assistant of the Year
- The Award for Outstanding School Team of the Year
- The Award for Lifetime Achievement
- The Award for the Outstanding Use of Technology in Education, Sponsored by Google
- The Award for FE Lecturer of the Year
- The Award for FE Team of the Year
- The Award for Excellence in Special Needs Teaching
The Teaching Awards “express route”
If you are a senior member of the school or college team and feel confident that you can fully endorse the person you would like to enter for a Teaching Award, use the Teaching Awards “express route” to take part. Click below to enter colleague/s for a Pearson Teaching Award:
How to Enter
Please note the Pearson Teaching Awards operates the following policies:
- A person may only be entered into one category in any given awards year
- Previous Teaching Award winners cannot be entered for further Pearson Teaching Awards
- If the nominee will be retiring before April 2017 then sadly they are not eligible to be entered for a Teaching Award.
Select a Teaching Awards category from the list below to download an Entry Form. Once you have decided the category in which to submit the entry for your nominee/s download and save the relevant Entry Form.
Complete the Entry Form in MS Word and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will email to confirm receipt and if you haven’t received this within 5 days please do get in touch.
You may enter as many colleagues or teams as you wish.
Every nominee will also receive a thank you card and be given access to the opening statement of your entry. All other information provided will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Many thanks for taking part.
Thank a Teacher
Thank you to everyone who has thanked a teacher this year. The cut-off date for thank yous to be entered in the 2017 awards has now passed. Remember, there is still time for schools and colleges to enter colleagues directly for an award here.
All thank yous received after 12 March 2017 will go forward to the 2018 Awards. Anyone can send a thank you and we accept these all year round. We will then send the teacher, teaching assistant, headteacher or team a thank you card on your behalf – for free! Each “thank you” message is a nomination for the Pearson Teaching Awards.
All “thank you nominations” are then sent to the teacher’s headteacher, deputy or principal for further endorsement.