ENTRIES FOR THE AWARDS WILL OPEN IN NOVEMBER 2017
The Teaching Awards recognise and celebrate the outstanding work of exceptional teachers, teaching assistants, headteachers, and FE lecturers across the UK. Winners are selected by our panel of judges for a Silver Teaching Award, which are announced on ‘Thank a Teacher’ day each year.
All Silver Award winners are then considered for a Gold Award which will be announced at a star-studded Pearson Teaching Awards UK Ceremony in London, broadcast on BBC2.
The 2017 Categories are:
- The Award for Headteacher of the Year in a Secondary School
- The Award for Headteacher of the Year in a Primary School
- The Award for Teaching Assistant of the Year
- The Award for Outstanding Use of Technology in Education, supported by Google
- The Award for Outstanding New Teacher of the Year
- The Award for Teacher of the Year in a Secondary School
- The Award for Teacher of the Year in a Primary School
- The Award for Further Education Team of the Year
- The Award for School Team of the Year
- The Award for Award for Excellence in Special Needs Education
- The Award for Lifetime Achievement
In the meantime don’t miss the broadcast of our 2017 awards which will be shown on BBC2 at 6pm on Sunday 29th October!
For a taster of what to expect, you can watch the 2016 ceremony below.