FINAL CALL FOR ENTRIES – CLOSING DATE IS 5 PM ON FRIDAY 16th MARCH
We are here to help you at every stage of the process so if you have any queries please get in touch, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone: 07399 497 609
As we celebrate our 20th year, we want the Pearson Teaching Awards to be bigger and better than ever! Why not give YOUR school and your amazing colleagues a chance to receive national recognition in this special year?
The Teaching Awards recognise and celebrate the outstanding work of exceptional teachers across the UK. Finalists from England, Wales and Northern Ireland are selected by our panel of judges for a Silver Teaching Award, which are announced on ‘Thank a Teacher’ day each year. All Silver Award winners, and those winners from the Scottish Education Awards and Professional Teaching Awards Cymru joining us at winner level are then considered for a Gold Award. These are announced at the glittering Pearson Teaching Awards UK Ceremony, which will take place in London in October 2018 and will be filmed and broadcast on BBC2.
Entries can be submitted by schools or colleges in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. Members of the public can begin the process to nominate a teacher for an award through our ‘Thank You’ scheme. Click here for more details.
If you are a member of the senior management team of a school or college team, or a stakeholder working closely with educational establishments and feel you can confidently complete an entry form against the set criteria, you may submit an entry as detailed below.
If you want to endorse a thank you that one of your staff has received, you don’t need to wait for us to write to you. You can start the process today by downloading the entry form for the relevant category and enter your staff member for an Award.
Please note the Pearson Teaching Awards operates the following policies:
- A person may only be entered into one category in any given awards year.
- Previous Teaching Award winners cannot be entered for further Pearson Teaching Awards.
- If the nominee will be retiring before April 2018 then sadly they are not eligible to be entered for a Teaching Award.
- You may enter as many colleagues or teams as you wish.
Select a category from the list at the foot of this page. Please ensure you read through the eligibility, criteria and questions on the entry form carefully before submitting your entry. Complete the Entry Form and submit it by email to email@example.com before Friday 16th March. We will email to confirm receipt and if you haven’t received this within 5 days please do get in touch.
Every nominee will also receive a thank you card and be given access to the opening statement of your entry. All other information provided will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Entries must be received by Friday 16th March 2018 at 5pm.
2018 categories are:
- The Award for Excellence in Special Needs Teaching
- The Award for FE Lecturer of the Year
- The Award for FE Team of the Year
- The Award for Headteacher of the Year in a Primary School
- The Award for Headteacher of the Year in a Secondary School
- The Award for Lifetime Achievement
- The Award for Outstanding New Teacher of the Year
- The Award for School of the Year – ‘Making a difference’, supported by Future First
- The Award for Teacher of the Year in a Primary School
- The Award for Teacher of the Year in a Secondary School, supported by SSAT
- The Award for Teaching Assistant of the Year
- The Award for the Outstanding Use of Technology in Education, supported by Google
Many thanks for taking part.
Click here to download the entry forms.
You can see case studies from previous winners here.